Saturday, February 7, 2009

organza and paper sculptures


I found out about these sculptures on organza through my favorite blog: white sky. This is the work of a French artist Angelique Lefevre. Amazing work, great choice of subjects... I love the contrasts tough/delicate, junk/precious, wild/sophisticated... I could go on and on. Simply LOVE it!!!

This reminded me a bit of the Peter Callesen's paper sculptures - more for the skill than the style. When I visited his website the first time (a couple of years ago), I spent a whole hour and emailed it to at least 20 friends. Farther down in another paper artist Su Blackwell.



And I couldn't talk about paper sculptures without showing Matthew Sporzynski's work... We all know it through Real Simple Magazine. Very talented, and he seems to be having a lot of fun doing it!



And, just for a little smile, if you want to own a little piece of paper art, there's this lady on etsy.com who sells this little bee... well it looks like it's sold out for now (oops)




A great blog for everything paper-related: paper forest

No comments:

Post a Comment